From the 2011 Pasta Extravaganza Contest
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
The combination of pasta with shrimp is one that you can hardly ever go wrong with. But make that dish a cold pasta salad with a Mediterranean flair for a delicious twist on pasta salad!
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 box Dreamfields Angel Hair
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 3/4 pound cooked medium shrimp
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (2.25 ounces) sliced black olives, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (plain or herbed)
- Coarse ground fresh pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water until completely cooled; drain again. Place in large bowl.
- Meanwhile, for dressing, in small bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice and Italian seasoning; set aside.
- Add shrimp, tomatoes, chickpeas, olives, basil, parsley and green onions to pasta; toss to combine. Add dressing; toss to coat. Transfer to platter. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately. To serve chilled, do not add dressing or cheese. Cover and refrigerate pasta mixture. Remove from refrigerator 15 minutes before serving; toss with dressing, then sprinkle with cheese.
Makes 4 servings.Nutrition information (1/4 of recipe):
- Calories: 592
- Fat: 26 grams
- Carbs: 59 grams
- Protein: 34 grams
- Saturated Fat: 6 grams
- Cholesterol: 183 mg
- Sodium: 1235 mg
- Dietary Fiber: 11 grams