Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
1 box Dreamfields Rotini
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound), trimmed (cut into 1-inch pieces)
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium, fat free chicken broth
1-1/4 cups prepared salsa verde
1 can (about 15 ounces) black beans, rinsed, drained, optional
6 lime wedges
Chopped avocado, optional
Light sour cream, optional
Chopped cilantro, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pan; cover and keep warm.
- In medium bowl, stir together cumin, chili powder and 2 teaspoons oil. Add pork; stir to coat completely. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add pork. Cook about 5 to 7 minutes until browned and cooked through, turning occasionally. (Reduce heat if pork is browning too quickly.) Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Add onion and 2 tablespoons broth to skillet; cook and stir over medium-high heat (stirring up any browned bits from pan) about 3 minutes, until onions are crisp-tender. Stir in salsa, remaining broth, and beans, if using. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return pork to skillet. Heat through. Portion pasta into individual serving dishes. Top with stew. Serve with lime wedges. Garnish with avocado, sour cream and cilantro if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition information (1/6 of recipe): 361 calories; 24 g protein; 13 g digestible carbohydrates*; 7 g total fat; 1 g saturated fat; 41 mg cholesterol; 575 mg sodium; 7 g total dietary fiber.
*If traditional pasta is used in this recipe there is a total of 53 g carbohydrate. For more information go to www.DreamfieldsFoods.com.