From the kitchen of Dreamfields Pasta
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 70 minutes
12 pieces of Dreamfields Lasagna
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup chopped celery
8 ounces sliced mushrooms (optional)
8 ounces lean ground beef
8 ounces Italian sausage
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 container (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 cups marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray 13x9x3 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Prepare lasagna according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water; drain well.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and sauté garlic, onion, carrots, celery and mushrooms until tender, about 5 minutes; remove from heat.
- Using the same skillet on medium heat, brown hamburger and Italian sausage, season with salt and pepper, stirring and crumbling meats. Cook about 10 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain juices. Mix in vegetable mixture.
- Spread 1 cup of marinara sauce on bottom of baking dish.
- Layer 4 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of ricotta cheese, 1/2 of the meat mixture, 1 cup marinara sauce, 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Layer 4 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of ricotta cheese, 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce.
- Layer remaining lasagna noodles, ricotta cheese, meat mixture, marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover pan with tin foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove tin foil and bake another 10 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition information per serving (1/12 of recipe): 322 calories; 22 g protein; 13 g carbohydrates; 19 g fat; 8 g saturated fat; 55 mg cholesterol; 769 mg sodium; 3 g dietary fiber