By Antonio Cecconi
1 package Dreamfields linguine or spaghetti
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 ounces low-sodium ham, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
6 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup red wine
2 1/2 cups marinara or favorite pasta sauce
1/4 cup half & half
1/3 cup Grated Romano cheese
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Cook onion, parsley and garlic for 5 minutes or until soft. Add ham and mushrooms, and pour in wine; cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently until wine has evaporated.
- Stir in marinara sauce and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add half & half; stir until smooth and simmer 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Toss with sauce and Romano cheese, serve.
Nutrition information per serving (1/4 of recipe): 574 calories; 28 g protein; 34 g digestible carbohydrates; 15 g fat; 4 g saturated fat; 34 mg cholesterol; 1276 mg sodium; 11 g total dietary fiber.